What: Gratitude is the choice we make to focus on & celebrate the gifts found in our everyday experiences – and the choice we make to not resent what we lack.
Benefits: With consistent practice, gratitude improves your overall quality of life.
Social benefits of Gratitude:
- You become more likeable
- Your relationships will deepen
- Less self-conscious = Reduced anxiety
- Job satisfaction, resulting in you being a better co-worker, manager, and/or leader
Physical benefits of Gratitude:
- Increase in energy
- Sleep better
- Improves heart health
- Reduces symptoms of depression = Making it easier to navigate life through it
- Reduces your blood pressure
- Facilitates recovery from addiction
- Better gut health thanks to our gut-brain connection (psychological stress suppresses beneficial bacteria)
Psychological benefits of Gratitude:
- Resilience: Recover from negative life events faster
- Happier: Reduces toxic emotions
- Reduces loneliness even if/when you are alone as it increases your level of self-respect and self-love
Cognitive benefits of Gratitude:
- Increase in alertness
- Rewires your brain: changes the molecular structure of the brain in ways that make us both healthier and happier.
Co-creator of the 2023 Gratitude Planner, and Founder of Revel, Ann is a passionate advocate of Positive Psychology. Pioneering the retail of wellness journals – dubbed the ‘one-stop journal shop’, Ann is on her mission to simplify wellness by making it easy to understand, and making solutions easy to access.